At St Columba's Catholic College we use a software system called Airwatch to help manage the student and College iPads.
Students are able to enrol their iPads into Airwatch (such as if they are new, or they wipe their iPads and need to re-enrol it in Airwatch) by seeing IT staff at recess or lunch at the IT Hub (around the side of the library).
It is a condition of the diocese (and College) that student iPads are enrolled in Airwatch if they are to be on the College wifi and network at all. Student iPads not enrolled in Airwatch will not get to use the College's wifi or network.
Advantages of Airwatch:
- we can sometimes clear forgotten passcodes when a student becomes locked out of their iPad
- we can add settings or content to iPads for students such as access to the College wifi, shortcuts to important web pages, or College calendars (with assessment and excursion dates)
- access to ebooks that students require
- the ability to add other configurations at a later date (e.g. if we need all students to have a new survey or ebook on their iPads)
Please note that the College does not block apps such as Facebook or Messages using Airwatch, however, there have been restrictions within the network that have stopped some apps from running. Once away from the College wifi (e.g. if they are at home) these apps will work as normal (e.g. Facebook).
What Airwatch doesn't allow us to do:
- see the messages being sent or received by students with the Messages app, Facetime or other messaging apps, SMS or email. This includes the message content, place of origin or identity of sender/ receiver
- view anything on the iPad screens, at home or at the College
- see any app contents (like documents, images or usernames)
- view the device's web history
- see any account details (usernames and passwords) like iTunes, Facebook, other than the student's College username (but not password)
- view photos/videos on the device
- access and use the built in cameras or microphone on the device
- remove apps that students have installed on the device
- remotely wipe the device
About location tracking
Also of important note is that College and Diocese staff are unable to use Airwatch to 'see' the location of enrolled devices. We explicitly instruct students to not allow location tracking for the Airwatch app when enrolling devices in Airwatch.
Therefore we highly recommend that students or their parents have 'Find my iPhone' connected to the student iPad so that they can track it if required (if they lose it for example).