Thursday Sport2019 Sport Selection Handbook
Every term professional coaches from a selected sporting field coach the students in skills to enhance their knowledge of that sport. The coaches are experienced, enthusiastic and encouraging. Students are engaged in the program and really enjoy the variety of activities.
In the past 3 years, students have had professional coaching and training from the following:
- Western Sydney Wanderers
- AFL Giants
- NSW Swifts Netball
- Milo Cricket
- Gridiron Australia
- Oz Tag Australia
- NSW Ultimate Frisbee
- Volleyball NSW
- Fitness Heights Personal Training and Bootcamp.
- Swimming - Lawson Pool
- Cross Country - St Columba's
- Athletics - Glenbrook Oval
PDSSSC Gala Days
Students are notified about upcoming Gala days a term before the event. A notice goes in the daily messages for students to register their interest in trialling for the team. A notice also goes on the Rep Sport Edmodo page with the registration form. To create fairness and equality, all students must resister and trial if they are to be selected for the team. Trials occur at lunch times and after school.
There are PDSSSC Gala Days for: Girl's Basketball, 15 years Rugby League, Football, Teams Tennis, 7-10 Boys Football, 7-9 Girl's Football, Netball, Dance, Oz Tag, Futsal.
If you have any questions regarding selections for these teams, please don't hesitate to contact Miss Nyburg or Mr Clune.
PDSSSC Representative Teams
Numerous opportunities exist for students to display their gifts and talents in one or more of the PDSSSC Sports. To find out more information about making a representative team, visit the Secondary Sport website.Secondary Sport Website
If you want to attend a PDSSSC Trial, simply print out the nomination form, complete the required fields and hand it to Miss Nyburg PRIOR to the closing date.
There are also many sports that students can trial for individually. Students need to be a representative player to trial for these state teams.Click here to view the applicable sports.
Follow the steps below to help access the appropriate forms -
- Click on 'NSWCCC'
- Click on the sport you wish to register for e.g tennis, golf, triathlon
- Click Register
- You will need to create a log in, so click on I need help logging in
- Scroll down to I don’t have a login
- Click on Register by clicking here
- As the parent you fill in the first page to register your child
- You will now need to check your email for the password and the login
- Go back to webpage and Login
- You will now be asked to add the details of your child
Please note that your child will stay in the system and will go up an age group each year. The only time a parent will need to re-enter a child is when they roll over from primary to secondary school.
- Once finished, you will go to my account
- Here you can change your password and add other children, as well as change school details if your child changes through their secondary years
- Save your details
- Go to the Sports link e.g tennis, golf, triathlon (back on the homepage)
- Click on Register
- Click on the registration form
Once you register, you will need to make payment. Please follow the steps for the BPAY section. You can pay this online or at a post office. If payment is not made before the date, then your child’s nomination will not be accepted.
The nomination will need to be approved by the Principal. If Mr Ryan does not accept the nomination, you will be reimbursed your fees. Both Miss Nyburg and Mr Ryan will be notified of your nomination and one of these people will either accept or turn down the nomination.