St Columba's Catholic College strives to provide a rich and diverse range of programs to engage students in their learning.
We recognise that each child can and will learn and we ensure that the diversity of needs, interests and abilities of all students are met and their gifts developed.
Special Education Program
The Special Education Program is designed to cater for those students who are academically 'at risk'. Teachers involved in the program recognise the negative effects of cumulative failure, low self-esteem, lack of readiness, and the long-term effects these have on the academic and social development of students.
Other special education programs offered at St Columba's include an Autism Support Class, as well as:
- a transition program in Years 9 and 10
- special exam provisions
- literacy support as identified by NAPLAN
- provision of graded reading materials for home reading practice and itinerant vision/hearing support program.
The students at St Columba's are always full of energy and ready to involve themselves in activities, such as:
- the Duke of Edinburgh
- public speaking
- leadership initiatives
- a Social Justice Program
- drama performance evenings
- music evenings and productions
- St Columba's Reading Challenge
- Premier's Reading Challenge
- Blue Mountains Debating Competition
- Dorothea Mackellar Poetry Competition
- Chemistry Competition
- Australian Geography Competition
- Agricultural Show Competitions